Open call for Nordic dance professionals to take part in the cultural exchange and collaboration project Dance Avalanche
Nomadi Productions announces an open call for dance artists / companies / venues / enthusiasts to take part in the collaboration project Dance Avalanche. The aim of the project is to exchange ideas and know-how, to enhance the mobility of high quality dance performances (in and outside of the country of residence) and explore the essence of Nordic mindscape (if such exists!) via dance art. The project will take place in at least three Nordic countries, Finland being the first one to host in 2016.
Behind the project is the Helsinki-based production house Nomadi Productions, which manages the artistic work of Alpo Aaltokoski Company and Arja Raatikainen & Co. In 2016, these two contemporary dance companies celebrate their 20 years on the professional dance field.
Through a simple application process at least two actors – organizations or independent artists – will be selected in the project. At least one of them should be a resident of the Nordic countries (Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark) and one possibly from the following areas: Åland, Faroe Islands, Greenland. You may apply as an independent artist or an organization, a venue, dance company, a society etc. We look forward to receive a variety of propositions. In case of any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Dance Avalanche project will be launched in Finland in the summer of 2016 as part of the multidisciplinary DRIFT – Dance in Suomenlinna festival. DRIFT takes place on the historic island fortress of Suomenlinna just off the coast of Helsinki. Dates for year 2016 are: July 31st – August 6th. Dance Avalanche will also hold workshops and a round table session for Nordic dance professionals as part of DRIFT programme.
It is possible to participate in the project in three categories:
- Dance performance (light technical requirements, max. duration 50 minutes)
- Workshop (please specify potential target group and other relevant information in your application)
- Keynote speech (please tell us about your topic and other relevant information in your application)
For the selected actors, a fixed amount of compensation and travel expenses will be agreed upon according to the final funding. Please note that we cannot guarantee the realization of the project before having confirmed full funding.
Your application should include:
- Short presentation of the work/workshop/topic that you would like to apply with and a reference to the category: 1) / 2) / 3). Max. 1 A4 page in pdf format.
- Motivation letter: Tell us about your hopes and ideas regarding Nordic collaboration and dance art. Which actions or themes especially inspire you, your work and/or your organization? Max. 1 A4 page in pdf format.
- CV and/or reference to website (photos, background information). Max. 3 A4 pages in pdf format.
- Contact information
- Availability to travel in 2016
When applying in category 1) please also include:
- Links to full performance videos online (e.g. Vimeo).
- Performing / touring plan for 2016
Please do not attach other files in your email. Thank you.
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Monday, November 9, 2015
Selected applicants will receive a reply by e-mail within one month after the deadline.
More info & contact:
Nomadi Productions | Address: Tallberginkatu 1 C 96, 00180 Helsinki, Finland
Alpo Aaltokoski Company | Managing director Helmi Saksala | e-mail: email@example.com | www.aaltokoskicompany.fi |
Arja Raatikainen & Co | Managing director Marjo Pyykönen | e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org | www.arjaraatikainen-co.fi |